Thursday, July 25, 2013

Day 125

Day 125
I've missed two days of this project. I hate missing days. The first one I have no excuse for. The second one I missed because my dad and 3 of my nieces and nephews were hit by a drunk driver. We spent most of last night in the emergency room. My dad's truck is totaled. It flipped over and they had to use the jaws of life to get my dad and niece out. The kids came away with scratches and some bruises. My dad broke 6 ribs, punctured his lunch and has small fractures in 4 of his vertebrae. He is still in the hospital. I spent most of the day there with him. 
He has always been one of my heroes. Anyone who has ever met my dad knows what an amazing man he is. I am so lucky to be able to call him dad. His love for his family shows in everything he does. In the ER, even though he was in immense pain, all he wanted to know was how his grandkids were doing. If they were ok. 
All my life everyone says I look like him. In honor of him I decided to my self portrait today as a combination of our faces. The picture of him was taken in the hospital today (which is why there is an oxygen tube) I was surprised at how much I really do look like him. (although for my husbands sake - and mine - I hope I don't look EXACTLY like him when I am 66) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment